- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs shredded
- 1 4.5 oz. can green chilies
- 2 tbsp chopped fermented chilies (1 regular jalapeno chili would work too)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
Brown Chicken (about 4 minutes per side). Shred chicken and add all ingredients into the pan. Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Rest of the sour cream from a 16oz cup. (2 tbsp were used for the filling)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Melt butter and add flour to create a roux. Slowly add whipping cream. Mix until sauce thickens. Add sour cream and taco seasoning. Slowly add shredded cheese while mixing sauce.
Putting it all together
- Corn tortilla shells (about 15)
Preheat oven to 400F. I layer my enchiladas together like a lasagna. I cut shells in half to edge the sides of a 13×9 baking pan. I then use 2 whole shells for the center. After one layer of shells I add a layer of filling and sauce. Add another layer of shells, filling, and sauce. Top the final layer with one last layer of shells. Pour the remaining sauce over the last layer. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn brown. Allow dish to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This is the type of dish that is better the next day. Make sure to bring the leftovers to work and make your coworkers jealous.